Home is a comfort zone for everyone. It is a private space where people love to spend their favorite and protective time with their loved ones. Interruption in peaceful hometime is not acceptable and pleasing. A clean and safe home is vital in nurturing a healthy and happy family. Comfort, accessibility, hygiene, and safer ambiance are the prioritized factors that anybody opts for while choosing a home or a workspace.
What if a home itself is not safer or hygienic to stay in? Rat attack is a severe pest issue faced by most houses that are not maintained well. Pest control is inevitable maintenance for a better standard of living. No one is interested in living in a space shared with pests, especially rats. Rat control agencies are the best choice to eradicate unwanted rat mess from houses, offices, supermarkets, warehouses, etc. Rodent control Los Angeles do its best to wipe away rats and home mice from the living spaces of the city.
Common Health Issues Caused By Home Mice & Rats
- Rodents like rats are carriers of dangerous diseases. They carry germs on their body and deposit them on the paths they travel inside the house or the office spaces. There are conditions such as hantavirus, rabbit bite fever, lymphocytic choriomeningitis, etc. which rats exclusively flare.
- Overcrowded cities like Los Angeles in California have fierce rat attacks, and as per reports from 2019, Typhus is one of the leading rat-spread health risks faced by the population.
- Rats are hosts for various viruses that may adversely affect human health. They ease the journey of germs from the drain to dining plates. So beware of these tiny yet risky creatures that enter the private living spaces of humans.
- Usually, the house mice live near the rugs of drains but move to various nearby shelters to protect themselves and the clan from snowfall. They bear germs on their body from the gutters to the kitchens.
- California reported fewer than 50 HPS or Hantavirus Pulmonary syndrome cases in the last ten years. These rats or house mice infected by the virus shed it through their urine drops and saliva on the surfaces. Humans can get infected if they breathe in the virus lying around the spaces.
- Typhus is another infectious disease caused by rodents. It is spread from infected rodents’ feces on a human’s wounds or eyes. Some years witnessed more than 124 people getting infected by the typhus virus spread by rodents like rats and mice in Los Angeles.
- Overtly populated cities always have the risk of generating rodent counts excessively. Rats spread plague and salmonella, which are diseases that contain life risks. Every house owner in Los Angeles cannot ignore the threat of rats and mice roaming around and flaring illness.
- Due to low hygiene measures like no pest control, rodents keep human health at stake, especially kids’ health. Kids will often fall sick if the house is under rat and mice attack.
- Stomach upsets, skin irritations, and breath-related diseases are commonly found in the locality under rodent invasion. Rats’ fur, saliva, urine drops, and feces are harmful and sometimes poisonous.
How To Get Rid Of Home Mice & Rats
It is a messy job to get rid of the rodents from the houses once they have dominated their presence. Once they enter they start to multiply since they are produced in huge numbers.
Setting humane traps for the creatures is one solution to rat attacks. Humane traps do not kill the animal. Humane traps are usually placed near the suspected rat-invaded areas of the house. Keeping rat delight foods like popcorn, peanut butter cheese, etc. attracts the wrecker rodents towards the trap.
Stuff Steel & Wool:
Stuff wool and steel into the areas where the mice prefer to sneak and hide inside the house. It is an unpleasant experience for the creatures to chew steel and wool, which creates a natural barrier in them so that they leave the space in no time.
Bring A Cat:
Petting a cat is helpful to keep the rats or home mice away from home. Rats do not stand the presence of cats as they are enemies by birth.
The Duct Tape Method:
Once the entryways of mice are detected, fix duct tape on the wires of that area. Proper duct tape installation prevents rodents from gnawing and secures the house from their attack.
Some essential oils like peppermint oil and clove oil prevent the mice from entering your living spaces. The pungent smell of these oils is an irritant for them. Keep the oil in the corners of the house which attract the mice, such as cupboards and drawers. However, this is not an ultimate solution but can be used as a supportive one along with other mice-eradicating methods.
It is wise to use hot pepper sprays on the surfaces of the home areas where the rats frequently visit, such as under the oven, behind the cabinet, etc. Using poison to get rid of these wrecker creatures is not a wise idea since poison can make the pets and children inside the house sick.
Contact A Rodent Control Agency:
Rodent-controlling agencies are an excellent relief for homemakers to eliminate rats and home mice. Call the agencies and book a rat pest control. It is as simple as that. The rodent control team has its exclusive ways of wiping out rats from humans’ living and working spaces. It is the most stress-free method to keep the home safe from rats’ invading.
Take a glass, smear the inside portion with peanut butter, and balance it with an upright coin on the other side. When the mice run inside the water glass for the peanut butter, the coin will trap it inside the glass. Repeat this method as and when needed.
Rats and home mice are natural invaders in an overcrowded city. They can be dangerous to humankind since they carry many diseases. The presence of these rodents may create serious health issues in the family. So, to keep houses and office areas clean and hygienic, no one can encourage rats to frequent visitors inside the living spaces of humans.